Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Summer of Memories

(EDIT: I normally blog about movies and current events, but I wanted to dedicate this entry to a personal chapter of my life that has come and gone.)

2011 will be a year I will never forget. Not only did I get the chance to travel abroad and experience Europe with my own eyes, July also marked the passing of the most important person in my life, my mother.

The summer also saw one of the sharpest drops in Dow Jones history, riots in London over the shooting death of a man, unemployment that continues to remain at a staggering rate, and my own journey of interviewing with multiple agencies and companies in the hopes of finding the right career.

With all of the tragedy and loss, how does one stay optimistic in times like these? I'm grateful for the friends and what family I have left, though I feel like I view the world with a cautious gaze. There is no longer a person in my life whom I can go to for anything and everything, and when you lose that person, where do you look for support?

All I can say is that my mom wanted me to be a strong, caring person, and I intend to make her proud, wherever she may be.







No comments:

Post a Comment